Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Experiment with acrylics and gels
Took this photo with my laptop camera software so not the best shot, a little shaky. The yellow is a curtain in the background, not part of the painting.
I wanted to do something quick so I drew the cone flower in charcoal over acrylic blues background. then started painting. The charcoal made it fairly muddy so I added more light but I think it was too much. I think I washed out the variation in tones. I used the charcoal to begin with to give it that variation, sigh. Too much, too little, one day I hope to get it just right.
The gels are interesting. I used semi-gloss, gloss and sculpting gels over the paint rather than mixing it with the paint.