Saturday, January 29, 2011

Moving Forward

Well the first four weeks of the semester is finished and I've already had a creative block. I'm working with cold wax again but this time on board. I'm doing several small pieces. To save money I used the cradles from small cheap canvases by removing the canvas and replaced it with door skin. It turned out to be more time consuming then I thought but the price was right.

I was looking for inspiration to overcome my wall and came across a slide show by Rebecca Crowell talking about her process in her abstract work. It was just what I needed to move forward. She talks about her residency in Spain and how it influenced her painting reminding me of my own experiences in Spain. Loved the architecture, textures, colours and landscape.

I've included the slideshow below. For full screen viewing go to the Slideshare site.

No comments:

Post a Comment