- We had our grad show in April which was a big success. Photos to come. I did the catalogue which was an intense endeavour. If I could post a pdf it would be up but alas blogger doesn't like pdfs
- I graduated last week so I am officially a BFA graduate
- I moved my studio from the kitchen table to the laundry room. It has great light and more importantly it has doors so I can close them and not be interrupted (well most of the time, heehee)
- The Surreyalists Collective I belong to are having a show, "Altered", July 8th
- I have been exploring using acrylic paint and did a study using 3 photos as sources
- Currently I'm working on a 4' x 3' canvas for the "Altered" show. My starting off point is from the painting I did last year called "Slippage". I'm using a canvas that was painted by a student's who I don't know. I washed over his painting. The previous image can still see it faintly. I am interested in exploring how history - personal or collective - is altered as soon as it is named. Another aspect of exploration is how our identity is named by events and values that are automatically ascribed to who we are. The process is a bit scary because my approach is nonlinear. I don't know for sure how the end will look. I hope it's successful.
That's all for now. I will get photos up at some point but it takes more energy than I have at the moment.