Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sketchbook Project

I'm finally posting my first journal I made  for the Sketchbook Project in Brooklyn NY. It is currently on tour with 1000 journals. The project was more daunting then I expected and my stamina was lower than expected after surgery. I had less time to complete it then I thought so was rushing to make the deadline. It is very raw as a consequence. I have since bought another journal and look forward to a more leisurely stroll in creating new pages.

What seemed simple turned out to be more difficult. First I couldn't decide what theme to focus on. I finally decided on a collection of quotes. This was highly influenced by the number of quotations showing up on my Facebook. 

How difficult could it be to cut out letters from a magazine to create text. I discovered that the size and style I wanted wasn't easily found and took a lot more time than I thought. I switched to using a pen. I discovered the felt pen I had was thicker than what I wanted and I kept underestimating or overestimating how much space  needed to write all the text. So I stumbled along, envious of the journal artists who have there supplies and tools on hand to create easily what they wanted. Even with all the challenges I did enjoy the creating the pages. I felt very much like a child who was earnestly creating each page with colour and feeling.

Anyway I finally got around to putting the photos on my computer for upload. Here they are.


















No comments:

Post a Comment