Friday, May 13, 2011

Lost in Domestic Chaos

It took three trips to move all my painting gear back home from the Cloverdale campus studio where I painted for fourteen weeks. It felt like an eviction. I'm not taking classes this semester due to financial limits so I was told I could not use the studio since I technically wasn't a student this semester. I would not be covered by insurance. I miss not going in everyday for 4 - 6 hours. My working momentum is broken. The domestic distractions are hard to ignore. I am lost in domestic space. I no longer have order where I can immediately start working. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear youve lost your studio space. Can imagine it feels like an eviction.

    My academy never gave me any space to begin with. Left me feeling that it doesn't value old guys all that highly. But on the up side, i was forced to develop space at home and develop a routine that would give me dedicated time out of domestic life.

    What doesn't stop us makes us stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I like your solution. I plan to do the same. It's just that there's so much to do before I can clear the space but I'm sure it will happen. The older we get, the more resilient we become. :)

    ReplyDelete