Friday, April 15, 2011

The Value of Learning from Others

I now have time for reading, reflecting and taking notice of things beyond the studio walls. I'm looking forward to visiting my friends blogs at a more thoughtful leisurely pace. 


As I was going through my emails I found an article, called "The Value of Learning from Others" by Chris Tyrell in the Opus Art & Community News.

Tyrell wrote a book  Making It: Case Studies of Successful Canadian Visual Artists and he talks about what he learned from interviews with twenty artists, ten self-represented and ten represented by galleries. A short interesting read that I thought might be useful no matter what country you're living in.

9 comments:

  1. I like your blog! Drop by my painting blog if you have the time!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog of info and beautiful artwork. I enjoyed my visit and I will be back...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice for posting this. I shall be sure to check the link out.

    Happy Tuesday!

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good you got a little time now,
    dear Elizabeth!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There wasn't a new post so i opted to just say it here. Happy Easter!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much for your informative comment. One day when I paint full time, I'll experiment with making cradled panels etc, because I know others who have done that with great success and results. I would very much enjoy meeting, so if you do make over for the TD Pain-In, it would be great fun talk with you! Cheers! Thanks for posting these articles by Chris, I have his book, but I'll come back and read these articles. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great post by Chris. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Narayan. As a beginner I'm always on the look out for resources and I'm happy when someone else finds it useful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Narayan, Your welcome. Good to hear that resources I find are useful to others too.

    ReplyDelete