Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Home Reno Blues


One more task to finish the kitchen renos which started last year with a burst pipe, water everywhere. Putting in a tiled back splash to protect the new counter top. I've never done it before so fear is playing a part in my procrastination. But I need to get it done so I can get back to using Harry's technique again with a fresh canvas and a little more wisdom. It was hard to ignore the portrait underneath especially when the charcoal kept falling off.

And I have two more paintings that are waiting for more work (sources - carcinoid tumour slides). I bought myself some cool safety glasses to use when i heat gun the cold wax paint.

6 comments:

  1. this is realy neat!, I like playing with pictures like this too. Mabe you could paint this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing my new safety glasses. Last time I used cold wax and then the hot air gun I got wax in my eyes! I guess it vapourized and the wax steam went in my eyes. Anyway I kept rinsing with eye wash until I didn't see blue and red. It scared me. So I'm using safety glasses from now on. And they're cool looking.

    I took the photo using my Mac laptop and an app called photo booth which has a variety of special effects. It takes 4 photos in a row so you can change the pose. The first time I didn't know it was going to do this so there were some pretty bizarre expressions. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog, Elizabeth, and have been having a fascinated look through it -- you don't just confine yourself to regular stuff, do you? I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked that solutions . it got great .
    have a wonderful weekend Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Experimenting with pictures is always a great fun and it may create some new ideas.
    Love your movie suggestion, and thanks so much for stopping by my site!!
    Hope you're having a blissful weekend!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for your visit. It's fun to connect with someone close at hand. I really applaud you for following your dream and attending art school as a mature student. I dream about being mentored by an influential artist. Let's keep those dreams alive! I really like your abstract of the work.

    ReplyDelete