Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mail Art, Just for Fun

The Richmond Gallery is having their second International Mail Art Exhibition and Swap. Working in a 4"x 6" format is a big switch from the 4' x 3' I've been using over the summer. Here are a few that I've done. They are mixed media on Arches Oil paper. Two are representational while two are abstract. 

We've had an unusually hot dry summer so water and garden were lingering themes. I was experimenting with combining watercolour, acrylic and oil pastels. I've got more postcards cut and I'm looking forward to creating more and mailing them off to loved ones. I'll keep you posted. haha



"Incomplete Thoughts", acrylic on Arches oil paper, 4" x 6"

"Wish You Were Here", Mixed media on Arches oil paper, 4" x 6"

"Dreams, Bits and Pieces, Unfinished Stories", Mixed media on Arches oil paper, 4" x 6"
"Summer Happiness", Mixed media on Arches oil paper, 6" x 4"




No comments:

Post a Comment